Distributed Computing Systems provides free and open source software.
The products are varied, but relate to distributed systems and computing, with a focus on AI algorithms.
Text processing and search is another central theme.
My background is University-based, where I worked for several years on research contracts, both as a software engineer and as a researcher. I have published a number of papers, where I have developed my own AI brain model and also written one book.
I am currently available for freelance work in programming, research, writing, or consultancy. I would also be interested in any sources of funding and/or collaboration.
A summary of my work experience is as follows:
- Experienced software engineer, with the design and development of full products.
- Main programming languages are Java and C#, with some web-based and mobile knowledge.
- Algorithm development, particularly for Artificial Intelligence, distributed or scientific systems. Also test programs and platforms.
- Server-side programming and Windows-based GUI development.
- With an academic background, I am strong in research and technical writing, where my research interests include Artificial Intelligence (autonomous, agent-based, cognitive or neural systems), heuristics, search or query processes and distributed information systems.
The software is listed on the following pages. The first two products are what I use to sort my daily routine. They can save a lot of time and are geared more towards an individual or small business. A short summary is as follows:
Licas is a distributed service-based and AI framework, with many useful features for building your own system. There is also a set of free business applications.
Latest updates, bug fixes, etc.
1. Minor GUI and service updates and bug fixes.
2. Remote server calls bug fix.
3. New module to download for binary file search.
4. Temp folder now automatically cleaned-up.
1. Organiser reminder updates, new duration option.
2. Other bug fixes for formatting lines and analysis.
3. Project images now allow any number, bug fixes.
4. Time period extended to 1 year, with minor colour changes.
Code Analyzer (3/18):
1. Only the full version as unlikely to be updated.
2. Licas script removed. May be used again in a different program.
Note: Any file path is stored simply as a text description and so it can be automatically changed in any config file.